This post may contain affiliate links. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.--
There are generally considered to be two types of people: introverts and extroverts. Introverts prefer to do things alone but can also learn to have a lot of fun with other people.
Cycling is safer when doing it with others, and that’s the way I usually like to cycle. You can also have a very long and interesting conversation on a bike ride, particularly on flat ground.
You can learn a lot and really improve your cycling by biking with others and building great and lasting friendships.
In this article, I’ve compiled a list of 19 cycling with friends quotes from both professional and amateur riders to really inspire you to get out onto your bike with others.
19 Cycling With Friends Quotes
1. “Riding a bike is everything to a cyclist. The friendship and camaraderie you have with other cyclists… to a cyclist, it was the be-all and end-all of your life.”
Tommy Godwin, late English professional long-distance cyclist
2. “You are one ride away from a good mood.” – Sarah Bentley, British cyclist
3. “Gliding down the bike path on a Saturday morning, you whip by somebody peddling in the opposite direction and give each other a nod. For a moment it’s like “Hey, we’re both doing the same thing. Let’s be friends for a second.”
Neil Pasricha, Canadian author
4. “Like dogs, bicycles are social catalysts that attract a superior category of people.”
Chip Brown, American writer
5. “I love the bicycle. I always have. I can think of no sincere, decent human being, male or female, young or old, saintly or sinful, who can resist the bicycle.”
William Saroyan, late Armenian novelist
6. “Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.” Gary Fisher, inventor of the mountain bike
7. “Bicycles are the indicator species of a community, like shellfish in a bay”.
– P. Martin Scott
8. “Cycling is my ideology, a system of thought based on purity and economy of motion, kindness to the environment and drop handlebars, and I want to convert others.”
Journalist Robert Hanks, The Independent, 15th August 2005
9. “Bicycles may change, but cycling is timeless.” ~ Zapata Espinoza
11“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” ~ H.G. Wells
11. “There is nothing, absolutely nothing, quite so worthwhile as simply messing about on bicycles.” ~ Tom Kunich
12. “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” — James E. Starrs
13. “If you have ever, just once, sat on a bicycle with a singing heart and felt like an ordinary human touching the gods, then we share something fundamental. We know it’s all about the bike.” ― Robert Penn
14. “Itʼs the one toy from childhood we get to keep, that grown men and women still get to play with, all over the world, no matter how old, no matter what culture, race, creed or ideology.
-Lee Rodgers, cyclist
15. “Riding bicycles will not only benefit the individual doing it, but the world at large.” -Udo Simonis
16. “Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity” – Lord Charles Beresford
17. “Cycling is good for people in all ways: their health, their well-being, and it does no damage to the environment” – Jeremy Corbyn
18. “I’m in control, liberated, and free, when I’m on my bike.” – Erin O’Connor
19. “A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles.”
― Edward Abbey, Desert Solitaire
Cycling does it all—you have the complete satisfaction of arriving because your mind has chosen the path and steered you over it; your eyes have seen it; your muscles have felt it; your breathing, circulatory, and digestive systems have all done their natural functions better than ever, and every part of your being knows you have traveled and arrived.”John Foreste
21. Truly, the bicycle is the most influential piece of product design ever. – Hugh Pearman
22. Cyclists see considerably more of this beautiful world than any other class of citizens. A good bicycle, well applied, will cure most ills this flesh is heir to – Dr. K.K. Doty
23. When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking. – Arthur Conan Doyle