We’ve all been there before. We KNOW that we should be riding, but the motivation isn’t there. Here’s a list of the best bicycle quotes that will inspire you to get off the couch and ride your bike!
1. “It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels.” -Heinz Stücke
2. “[T]o me it doesn’t matter whether it’s raining or the sun is shining or whatever: as long as I’m riding a bike I know I’m the luckiest guy in the world.” – Mark Cavendish
3. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close!
4. You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding.
Quote found on Etsy.
5. It never gets easier, you just go faster
This is a quote from Greg Lemond who is one of the greatest American professional cyclists of all time. You can purchase the print above by clicking here.
6. You can’t be sad while riding a bicycle
7. “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
8. “When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking” -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
9. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
10. “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them” -Ernest Hemingway
11. “You either love spinning the pedals and watching scenery whiz by, or you don’t. And if you love it, not much can sour you on the idea of riding your bike.” -Keith Mills
12. “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” -John F. Kennedy
13. Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
14. “Those who wish to control their own lives and move beyond existence as mere clients and consumers—those people ride a bike.” -Wolfgang Sachs
15. The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created. Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon.
16. Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.
17. “Next to a leisurely walk I enjoy a spin on my tandem bicycle. It is splendid to feel the wind blowing in my face and the springy motion of my iron steed. The rapid rush through the air gives me a delicious sense of strength and buoyancy, and the exercise makes my pulse dance and my heart sing.” -Helen Keller
18. Ride as much or as litt,e or as long or as short as you feel. But Ride.
19. If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.
20. “Riding bicycles will not only benefit the individual doing it, but the world at large.” -Udo Simonis
21. “[Commuting by bicycle is] an absolutely essential part of my day. It’s mind-clearing, invigorating. I get to go out and pedal through the countryside in the early morning hours, and see life come back and rejuvenate every day as the sun is coming out.” -James L. Jones
22. Smash your T.V. Go Ride a Bike
23. I never want to abandon my bike. I see my grandfather, now in his 70s and riding around everywhere. To me that is beautiful. And the bike must always remain a part of my life.
27. “View book on Amazon)” – Robert Penn (
28. Smile more. Ride a bike
29. Hills. We love them. We hate them. They make us strong. The make us weak. Today I chose to embrace hills.
30. “When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man’s convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man’s brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle.” -Elizabeth West
Ever bike? Now that’s something that makes life worth living!…Oh, to just grip your handlebars and lay down to it, and go ripping and tearing through streets and road, over railroad tracks and bridges, threading crowds, avoiding collisions, at twenty miles or more an hour, and wondering all the time when you’re going to smash up. Well, now, that’s something! And then go home again after three hours of it…and then to think that tomorrow I can do it all over again!
32. I don’t believe in Peter Pan Frankenstein or Superman All I wanna do is Bicycle, bicycle, bicycle I want to ride my bicycle, bicycle, bicycle I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike
33. If I can bicycle, I bicycle.
34. Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
35. The secret weapon in the fight against foreign oil is rusting in your garage
36. My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
Share this Post